Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Edge of Twilight


Maggie Shayne
Paranormal Romance - 386 pages
"You're going to tell me what I want to know before this night ends. It really doesn't matter to me how much pain you want to withstand before you talk. As I said, I'll probably enjoy it more if you make me hurt you. It's all the same to me."

    Five years after Embrace the Twilight we see Amber Lily all grown up, living on her own with her best friend Angela. Amber finds out that Willem has cancer, so she goes on this mission to try and save him.  Unfortunately, she needs Frank Stiles, who is still alive because he injected himself with Amber’s blood, while he held her captive five years ago. Meanwhile she crosses paths with Edge “accidently on purpose”; Edge a vamp that also has a very rough history with Stiles. Edge tries to use Amber as bait to get his hands on Stiles, which backfires.
    I was captivated by this story. We learn pretty much what turned Frank Stiles into a jerk. Amber falls in love, duh, it’s a romance novel. This was Amber’s story and I loved it, I could not put it down! Lots of twists and OMG’s! The ending is pretty good; I will not give it away. I really hope to read more about Amber and Edge in the future.

Currently Reading: Blue Twilight by Maggie Shayne

No comments:

Post a Comment